Direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranks with 8-bolt mounting replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean-looking, lightweight, and stiff piece of machined billet.
More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you'll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body's natural biomechanics. Here's how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what's known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power while behaving like a 32T chainring when you're climbing.
We've also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider or replace the direct mount chainring for SRAM AXS cranksets and other cranks that use the 8-bolt mounting. Most SRAM cranksets have traditionally used a 3-bolt mounting, but the 8-bolt mounting has always been used on the Quarq power meter cranks. Now some non-power meter cranks like SRAM AXS use the 8-bolt mounting.
- All SRAM Direct Mount DUB road cranksets use the 8-bolt mounting standard. These cranksets use either 107 BCD or 94 BCD; any of those cranksets with a removable spider use the 8-bolt mount.
- Wolf Tooth's patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud-shedding ability
- 6mm offset
- Chainline 45mm
- Use Drop-Stop B for all SRAM Eagle, SRAM Road and Transmission (T-Type) Flattop chains, 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd KMC, Connex, Wippermann, Campagnolo.
- Compatible 9, 10, 11, and 12s SRAM Eagle, 12s SRAM Transmission (T-type) Flattop, 12s Campy, 12s KMC
- Not compatible with 12s Shimano HG+ chains
- Recommend the use of a clutch-style rear derailleur for the best chain security
- Use the included custom T20 bolts. Torque 4Nm with T20 tool
- Weight: 38T/81g | 40T/87g | 42T/97g | 44T/117g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA
|Black / SRAM 8-Bolt Direct Mount / 42T / Drop-Stop B||810006806090||OVAL-SDM8-42||210000032263|